Baryshnikov's Pictures In Miami

I'll never forget the first and only time I saw Baryshnikov. It was in NYC. He was running down the stairs of the Lincoln Center and it looked like he was 'flying.' Amazing!

Now, one of the most brilliant ballet dancers and choreographers of all times, is ready to show the world his own vision of movement on 'Dance This Way,' his collection of pictures which is now exhibiting in Miami's Gary Nader Art Centre. I stopped by on Saturday afternoon...

To me, it's like Mr. Baryshnikov wants to capture and convey 'movement' through colors and cultures: from an exotic dancer in DR to a 'senior' couple dancing tango. From Merce Cunningham's choreographs to Brazilian hip hop dancers.

Here you guys have a sneak peek...Enjoy!




3 comments

I would love to hear from you! You comments make me happy and inspire me to get better. Thank you!

@elsacafesocietyxxi

Back to Top